Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit Contains:
- 1 x 30m roll Durable PVC coated stainless steel mesh to last under Australian weather
- 100 x Fasteners
- Installation tips sheet
- Pair of gloves
Do you have a problem with birds, rodents and leaves getting under your solar panels?
Solar Panel Mesh kits are designed to keep birds and other rodents from getting under solar panels, to protect the roof, electrical wiring and solar panels from damage. This system securely protects panels without damaging or voiding the panel warranty. The mesh is made of stainless steel welded into half inch squares and coated in thick protective PVC coating that is resistant to UV degradation and chemical corrosion. Bespoke panel clips are made from UV protected nylon.
Solar Panel Mesh kits are suitable to fit around the perimeter of solar panels flush against the slope of roofs. The mesh grill acts as a physcial barrier to prevent birds and other pests from entering under the panel. This system does not harm pests.
Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kits offer a new cost effective, simple way of protecting your greatest asset for saving money and reducing power costs. Made from stainless steel and UV PVC coated welded wire mesh and using UV stable nylon fasteners, Solar Panel Mesh kits are made to last.
Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kits stop birds and rodents and prevents leaves and other debris from getting under solar panels. Reduces damage caused by birds and rodents, reduces maintenance costs, ensures unrestricted airflow around panels.
Installation is quick and easy.
Solar Panel Mesh kits are warranted against defects in materials for 5 years. Warranty does not cover incorrect installation or mishandling of parts.
HOW TO INSTALL SOLAR PANEL BIRD MESH KIT
- Fold one end of mesh roll to 45 degrees
- Start at one corner of the solar panel array. Hold wire mesh to corner of panel level with the top and insert fastener through mesh with hook facing up then gently pull back fastener to connect to panel frame.
- Hold end of fastener stationary (do not pull) with pliers or fingers while sliding fastener cap to the mesh and panel edge.
- Work around the panel array installing fasteners approximately every 30cm.
- Tuck tail of hook into slot on fastener cap to finish.
- For inside corners it is suggested to cut the mesh half way up from the bottom and fold the mesh to shape.
- For rails and switch gear, windows or flaps may need to be cut in the mesh.
- Tin snips / wire cutters
- Work gloves
- Height access (ladder, etc)
- It is recommended to use a safety harness when working at heights to avoid risk of injury.
SOLAR PANELS AND PIGEONS - WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Many Australian home and business owners have installed solar panels on their roofs in recent years to take advantage of government incentives in the form of subsidies and rebates. This has allowed many homeowners to utilise their roof as a power generating source in the form of solar energy.
However with any new development there comes unforseen challenges. Solar panel installations on house roofs create ideal nesting locations for urban pest birds, especially pigeons. Solar panels offer shade and protection for the birds. Unfortunately this can result in costly damage to the solar panels and reduced efficiency. Pigeons can damage exposed wiring under solar panels, deposit droppings that eat into the surface of the panels as well as blocking sunlight that can reduce overall efficiency. In addition, leaves, twigs and other nesting materials can accumulate under solar panels reducing airflow which again reduces efficiency and can lead to damage from overheating.
WHAT'S THE SOLUTION?
Fortunately we have a solution - Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kits. These are DIY (Do it yourself) kits that can easily be installed by any home or business owner. The Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kits consist of a 30 metre roll of stainless steel UV PVC coated mesh that attaches to the outer edge of the solar panels using specially designed fasteners. These fasteners clip onto the underside of the panel framework meaning there is no need for drilling into the panels as this may void your warranty.
Once the mesh has been installed to the entire perimeter of the solar panels, pigeons, rodents, leaves and other debris will be blocked from gathering underneath. Thus reducing ongoing cleaning and maintenance costs. Yay!