Jar Capacity - 600ml
The Makita Insecticidal Cordless Dust Blower combines a Makita Cordless Blower with a special dust bowl attachment for the application of insecticidal dusts to roof voids, wall cavities, sub-floors and other areas requiring dusting.
The specially made dust bowl attachment is designed to fit the end of the Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower effectively converting a regular blower into a handy pesticide application tool.
The Makita Insecticidal Cordless Dust Blower is perfect for crack-and-crevice pesticide application making it the ideal duster for both large and small areas in commercial, residential & industrial situations.
The Makita Insecticidal Cordless Dust Blower is suitable for the control of (in domestic, commercial and industrial premises):
- Bird Mites
- Carpet Beetles
- Bed Bugs
- European Wasps
Suitable for use with all types of insecticide dusts including Coopex Dust, Dragnet Dust, Permethrin D, Ficam Dust, Diotomaceus Earth and others.
The Makita Insecticidal Cordless Dust Blower allows the application of just the right amount of dust into the targeted void reducing wasted product and amplifying the usefulness of any pesticide dust.
WHAT IS A DUSTER?
A duster is a piece of equipment used in the pest control industry to apply a dry, powdery form of pesticide commonly called dust.
The advantage to using a duster to apply types of dry formulations of pesticides is that the user avoids coming in contact with the pesticide. There are different types of dusters used for different situations depending on the type of pesticide applied and how precise the application must be. The two main types of dusters are power dusters and hand dusters.
Indoors, dusters are used to treat cockroaches, silverfish, ants, and other insects that hide in cracks or in wall voids. Outdoors, dusters can be used to treat the perimeter of buildings to prevent ants, cockroaches and other insects from coming inside.
Dust pesticides can be difficult to apply properly. There is a learning curve to applying a thin layer of dust rather than clumps of dust. The thinner the dust layer the more likely that insects will walk through it.
The duster's chamber should not be completely filled with dust when loading it with pesticide dust. Leave air space in the chamber so the dust doesn't clump up and will blow out of the duster evenly. Make sure the dust is not exposed to moisture or dusters can get clogged. You will need to shake the duster occasionally or rotate the device to create the desired air/dust mixture.
MAKITA CORDLESS DUST BLOWER
- Model Number - BUB182Z
- 18 Volt
- 3 air volume setting, high/medium/low
- Approximate continuous operation time on a single full battery charge (mins) - High 12 - Medium 25 - Low 85
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Blower function
- Anti-static electricity for comfortable operation
Net Weight - 1.7kg
Overall Length - 525mm
Max. Air Velocity - 72m/sec
Air Pressure - 5.4kPa
Air Volume - 0.038m3/sec
Voltage - 18V
MAKITA RECHARGEABLE BATTERY
- Model Number BL1830
- 18 Volt Lithium Ion Battery
- Built-in memory chip communicates the usage history with the charger
- Built-in shock absorbers protect the cells from jobsite conditions
- High energy cells pack more power per cell to reduce number of cells and overall weight
- Large release button for easy removal from the tool
- Built-in air vents and wall cools the battery cells evenly whilst blocking damaging debris
- 16 contact terminals provide consistent power and firm hold in any environment
Cell Capacity - 3.0Ah
Net Weight - 610g
Voltage - 18V
Charge Time - 22mins
MAKITA BATTERY CHARGER
- Model Number - DC18DS
- Battery Charger
- Digital power display indicates charging level
- More cost effective option
- Optimum charging system to maximise cycle life and work volume
Net Weight - 700g
Charge Time - 30mins (Compact) 60mins (3.0Ah)
Voltage - DC 7.2-18V
Overall Length - 151mm
Cell Capacity - 1.5-3.0Ah