Recent new regulations have been introduced in the State of Victoria which affects the sale and purchase off certain styles of bird netting for fruit tree use in households only. The law states that fruit netting for Household use must have a mesh-size of 5 mm x 5 mm or less. Based on this criteria this particular netting is not available for sale into VIC for personal household use. The law does NOT apply to anyone growing for commercial use.
You can purchase our Wildlife Friendly Bird Netting by CLICKING HERE.
- 5 Metres x 5 Metres
- 5 Metres x 10 Metres
- 5 Metres x 25 Metres
- 5 Metres x 50 Metres
- 5 Metres x 100 Metres
- 8.5 Metres x 8.5 Metres
- 10 Metres x 10 Metres
- 10 Metres x 25 Metres
- 10 Metres x 50 Metres
- 10 Metres x 100 Metres
- 13 Metres x 13 Metres
- 15 Metres x 25 Metres
- 15 Metres x 50 Metres
- 15 Metres x 100 Metres
- 20 Metres x 50 Metres
- 25 Metres x 25 Metres
- 30 Metres x 30 Metres
- Quality construction - Quality knitted. Less chance of degradation, breakages or tears.
- Commercial Grade - What the professionals use
- UV Stabilised - Long life in harsh Australian conditions
- Mesh size - 15mm diamond hole
- Weight - 30gsm
- Warranty - Our Bird Netting comes with a 10 year pro rata warranty against UV degradation
WHAT IS FRUIT TREE BIRD NETTING?
Fruit Tree Bird Netting or Anti Bird Netting is a form of bird pest control. It is a net used to prevent birds from reaching certain areas. It's primary purpose is to create a physical barrier between pest and crop to prevent damage and loses.
In agricultural and horticultural situations Fruit Tree Bird Netting can be used to prevent bird damage of vegetable and fruit crops as well as seedlings. It is commponly used as a throw over net for grape vines and other fruit trees.
The are several benefits of using Fruit Tree Bird Netting as a control method for pest birds. These inculde:
- Its humane - Bird Netting is not designed to harm the birds in any way. As opposed to alternative methods such as baiting or shooting.
- Effectiveness - When done properly Bird Netting is by far and away the best method of bird prevention. Bird Netting provides a physical barrier that birds cannot breach or penetrate meaning instant and long term results.
- Costs - Installing bird netting can be a much cheaper alternative than bird control methods or using deterrents that only provide short term results.
- Aesthetics - Bird Netting, especially black Bird Netting, is far less visible than other deterrents.
- Immediate results - Bird Netting provides an immediate solution for many bird and bat problems.
- Saves money - Designed to keep birds and bats out of valuable crops, preventing expensive losses that can occur.
- Versatility - Bird Netting can be used over a permanent structure or can be applied as a re-usable drape over net.