Suitable for the capture of Rats & Mice.
Easy Pest Supplies offers effective solutions for humanely trapping troublesome rats & mice. Our Humane Rat & Mouse Trap is safe for both humans and animals, and are quickly becoming the most trusted name in pest control solutions. All Easy Pest Supplies Humane rat & mouse traps are built to tough, professional standards and offer the highest quality features including:
- Open Size: 225mm x 145mm x 100mm
- Safely captures troublesome rats & mice without injury
- No need to use rodent bait, rat bait or mouse bait
- Extremely simple baiting and operation
- Unfolds in minutes - no tools required Easy to bait, set and release
- Made from durable wire with a matte finish for extra strength and corrosion resistance
HOW TO TRAP RATS & MICE
- Make sure you correctly identify the type of rodent prior to setting of Humane Rat & Mouse Trap. Different species of rats & mice have differing habits. Dead rats & mice in inaccessible places can cause problems with decomposing odour and/ or blow flies. Determining the type of rodent can usually be worked out from their damage, odour and droppings. Droppings of about 18mm in length indicate the Norway Rat, 12mm for the Roof Rat and 3-4mm for the house mouse.
- The following signs should always be investigated to confirm rat and mouse presence prior to use of Humane Rat & Mouse Trap:
- Runways, showing greasy patches on furniture and walls from the mouse fur
- Urine stains on surfaces of floors and cupboards
- Disapearance and / or nibbling of food
- Noise, often at night, which includes squeaking and fighting
- Nests behind furniture or cupboards made of paper and rags, sometimes snail shells
- This trap has a hook in the centre of the trap which you place the bait on (piece of cheese or bread with peanut butter works well). There is a rod on the top of the trap which holds the door open. This connects into the top part of the hook. When the rodent tries to grab the bait it releases the rod and the door slams shut.
- Place Humane Rat & Mouse Trap on or very near runways, but not near food or places accessible to children or pets. Rat & Mouse Trap should never be set in hazardous locations (eg. above foods or food preparation surfaces), to avoid contamination by urine, droppings or blood.
- Bait the Humane Rat & Mouse Trap using an attractant such as bacon, nuts, peanut butter, apple or Tomcat Mouse Attractant Gel. The most attractive bait may depend on the particular eating habits of the mice in each particular situation. You may have to experiment in the beginning with a variety of different baits to find out which is most suitable.
- Record the placement of Humane Rat & Mouse Traps so that all Humane Rat & Mouse Traps are removed when control program is complete.
- TRAPS SHOULD BE CHECHED REGULARLY FOR CAUGHT RODENTS - AT LEAST ONCE A DAY.
- Once a mouse / rat is caught all you have to do is pick up your Humane Rat & Mouse Trap (complete with rodent) and take it for a walk/drive to set it free outdoors. Captured mice and rats can be kept calm by placing a towel over the trap. Release them within 100 yards of where they were trapped. (Rodents can also be humanely euthanized by a veterinarian or at a local animal shelter.) Releasing a mouse or rat into a strange area will almost surely result in the animal’s death because relocated animals don’t know where to find adequate food, water, or shelter and often become weak and succumb to predation or foreign parasites or disease against which they lack a natural immunity.
- Carefully wash used and contaminated Humane Mouse Trap.
BENEFITS OF TRAPPING
The use of Humane Traps can be preferred over the use of chemical control methods, such as poisons, for a variety of reasons including:
- For mouse control in premises where inaccessible dead mice cannot be tolerated
- For mouse control in premises where chemical pesticides are not tolerated
- For cleaning up remaining 'bait shy' mice after a baiting program
- Trapped mice can be easily disposed of once trapped
- No risk of non-target animals such as cats, dogs, possums eating rodent poisons
- No risk of mice dying and decomposing in inaccessible locations
- Humane Traps are simple to bait and set in one motion
- Humane Traps are compact and so can be set in tight places such as in cupboards, behind appliances, under pallets, etc.