Active Constituent: 0.05G/KG OF Brodifacoum.
800g - Contains 40 Blocks
1.8kg - Contains 90 Blocks
8kg - Contains 400 Blocks
Tomcat II Rat Bait is for the control of Rats and Mice including those resistant to other anticoagulants, in and around domestic, commercial, public services and industrial buildings.
The 20gm Tomcat II Rat Bait is the most powerful, single feed bait on the market today. Tomcat II Rat Bait contains 16 human food grade, inert ingredients that rats and mice can't resist. Tomcat II Rat Bait is made by a unique extrusion process that yields a hard, multiple edged bait with the palatability of a meal bait and the weatherability of a wax bait. The multiple edges appeal to a rodents desire to gnaw. Use Tomcat II Rat Bait to clean out persistent rat and mouse infestations where control is difficult or resistance to other baits is suspected. A hole in the centre of the Tomcat II Rat Bait allows you to place it on securing rods in bait stations or nail or wire it in place.
HOW TO USE TOMCAT II RAT BAIT
Ready to use – fast acting Tomcat II Rat Bait for use in and around homes, agricultural, commercial and industrial buildings. A true rat and mouse bait containing the anti-coagulant brodifacoum.
Place Tomcat II Rat Bait in rat or mouse bait stations and observe the bait taken. Replace Tomcat II Rat Bait that becomes more than 50% eaten to minimise the chance of blocks being removed from bait stations. Maintain the supply of Tomcat II Rat Bait until Tomcat II Rat Bait is no longer eaten.
Where continuous control is required, maintain a steady supply of blocks, replacing uneaten Tomcat II Rat Bait at monthly intervals to ensure Tomcat II Rat Bait remains fresh. Unlike egg-shaped mouse baits, Tomcat II Rat Bait cannot be rolled away and are manufactured with a hole in the middle so they can be easily nailed down to prevent ‘stealing and burying away from the site.
Follow these basic tips when carrying out your pest control programme to ensure you get maximum benefit of Tomcat II Rat Bait at minimum cost:
- Choose the right product for the job and seek advice if required.
- Anticipate the problem rather than reacting to it.
- Expose all of the rats or mice to the Tomcat II Rat Bait at the same time and remove all other food options if possible.
- Follow label directions. This will improve results and minimise the risk to non-target animals.
- Replenish Tomcat II Rat Bait when it is consumed by rats or mice and offer a generous amount of Tomcat II Rat Bait
- Manage rat or mouse immigration by establishing and maintaining control buffer zones.
- Also use rat or mouse bait stations to ensure Tomcat II Rat Bait remains fresh and dry plus prevents access by non target species.
- Single feed kill.
- Reliable all-weather formula.
- Centre hole feature to secure in bait stations.
- Low wax content increases bait acceptance.
- Extruded Blox ensuring even toxicity through the bait.
- 16 food-grade additives ensures maximum palatability and no stop-feed.
- Multiple edged shape gives rodents multiple gnawing edges for increased feeding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between Tomcat (Green Blocks /Pellets) and Tomcat II (Red Blocks/Pellets)?
These two baits / poisons are made by the same company but feature two different active constituents. Tomcat (Green) contains Bromadiolone and Tomcat II (Red) contains Brodifacoum. As a result, Tomcat II is approximately 4 times stronger than Tomcat. Tomcat blocks are also slightly bigger and denser than Tomcat II, so as a result you will get more blocks / kg with Tomcat II.
Why would I choose one or the other? What is the best bait for me?
There are several reasons why you would choose either Tomcat or Tomcat II bait. Firstly due to Tomcat being less toxic than Tomcat II this makes it safer for use around non-target animals that could potentially consume the bait directly (primary poisoning) or consume rats and mice that have consumed the bait (secondary poisoning). Tomcat II on the other hand, being 4 times stronger than Tomcat, would be the recommended poison of choice where there is little or no risk of poisoning other non-target animals. Tomcat II is also recommended where a fast ‘clean-out’ of persistent problems is required.
What is Brodifacoum?
Brodifacoum is a highly lethal vitamin K antagonist anticoagulant poison. In recent years, it has become one of the world's most widely used pesticides. It is typically used as a rodenticide. They reduce blood clotting by inhibiting the recycling of vitamin K epoxide back to the active reduced form of vitamin K.
The main benefit of anticoagulants over other poisons is that the time taken for the poison to induce death means that the rats do not associate the damage with their feeding habits.