The Thermacell Mosquito Repeller (Rugged) effectively repels mosquitoes, black flies, and other biting insects by creating a 21m2 zone of protection for bug-free comfort. Ideal for use while gardening and around the backyard, Thermacell Repellers have been evaluated by the APVMA for safety and effectiveness.
Built to be tough enough for any adventure, the MR450 will quickly become an essential piece of gear.
Convient and portable, take ThemaCELL anywhere to repell up to 98% of mosquitoes, sandflies and midges over a 21 metre square area. ThermaCELL is simple to operate, a single butane gas cartridge (included), heats an insect repelling mat which releases allethrin into the air.
ThermaCELL is safe to use, does not contain DEET, no open flames, no smelly lotions or oils- no mess
Compact easy to carry and only weighs 300g
ThermaCell Mosquito Repeller contains 4 x repellent mats & 1 bunane gas cartridge, providing up to 12 hours continuous repelling
Refills also sold seperately
Approved by APVMA
- Rubber armored
- ZoneCheck indicator (powered by included CR2032 battery)
- Accessory mounting system with belt clip
- Re-engineered grill improves dispersion
- Ergonomic design – one-handed operation
- Silent, virtually odor-free, no open flame
- Lightweight, portable
- Repels mosquitoes, black flies, and other flying insects
- Creates a 4.6 x 4.6 metre (21m2) zone of mosquito-free comfort
- No lotions, sprays, or oils
- Lightweight, compact and easy-to-carry size
- Operates on 1 butane cartridge (included)
- Butane heats an insect repellent mat that releases allethrin
- Allethrin is a synthetic extract from chrysanthemum flowers
- Quiet on/off turn dial
- Includes: 1 reusable Mosquito Repellent Appliance, 1 Butane Cartridge (lasts up to 12 hours), 3 insect repellent mats (each lasts up to 4 hours)
- Mosquito Repellent Refills sold separately.
- Built in ignition – NO batteries required !
- Works with all Thermacell repeller mats and refills
- Includes: Includes: Rugged Repeller, belt clip, 3 x 4 hour repellent mats & 1 x 12 hour butane cartridge
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Where can I use Thermacell area repellent mosquito protection?
A: The product works well in outdoor areas such as decks, yards, and campsites. For best coverage place the unit close to the ground. This allows repellent to spread over a maximum area. The unit is most effective where the air is still.
Q: How do I know the Thermacell unit is working?
A: An orange light on the top of the device glows when the unit is on.
Q: How often do I have to change Thermacell bug repellent mats?
A: The Repellent Mat needs to be changed when it turns white. Each mat lasts up to 4 hours of continuous use.
Q: How often do I have to change Thermacell cartridges?
A: The Butane Cartridge will last up to 12 hours of continuous use.
Q: When I replaced the mat, I noticed the bottom of the old mat was a dark brown colour. Should I be concerned?
A: No, its normal for a spent mat to be dark brown underneath, white on top.
Q: Can I use Thermacell when it’s windy?
A: In breezy weather, place the unit upwind of your location so that the repellent is carried by the wind into the area you want to protect. The unit will be less effective in high wind or where the wind continually changes direction
Q: I started The Appliance, but the mosquitoes didn’t stay away. Why didn’t it work?
A: Make sure you start the device and place it outdoors in the area of your intended activity for at least 15 minutes. It needs some time to establish the area of protection.
A: Check to be sure that the pad has blue color left. If not, replace the pad with a fresh one. If the wind is blowing, place the unit so that the wind blows over it first, then the area you want to protect. That way, the wind will carry the repellent to where you want it.
A: The fuel supply may be empty. Look at the fuel gauge on the bottom-rear side of the unit. Replace cartridge if necessary. In the unlikely event the appliance still does not function correctly return it to the place of purchase.
Q: What other pests can Thermacell repel ?
A: Thermacell has been found to be affective against Sand flies / Midges. Other types of flies may be repelled however as there are many thousands of different species, Thermacell makes no express claim about its effectiveness against flies in general.
Q: Should I see smoke coming from the unit?
A: In normal operation, a small amount of smoke may be visible coming from the pad. This is caused by any dust or impurities that have settled on the pad,
Q: What are the limitations on Thermacell use?
A: Do not use in rain or wet weather. Effectiveness is diminished. Do not us at high altitude – 1372m above sea level. There is insufficient pressure in the butane cartridge to run. Do not use indoors.