Solar Skirt Bird Mesh Kit Contains:
- 1 x 30m roll galvanised & UV PVC coated wire mesh
- 100 x Fasteners
- Installation tips sheet
Do you have a problem with birds, rodents and leaves getting under your solar panels?
Do you know that birds and other rodents can cause damage to exposed wiring under your solar panels?
Do you know that build up of leaves under your solar panels can cause a loss in solar panel efficiency through heat being trapped?
Do you want a good and affordable solution to solve these problems?
Solar Skirts offers a new cost effective, simple way of protecting your greatest asset for saving money and reducing power costs. Made from galvanized and UV PVC coated welded wire mesh and using UV stable nylon fasteners Solar Skirts is made to last.
Solar Skirts stops birds and rodents and prevents leaves and other debris from getting under solar panels. Reduces damage caused by birds and rodents, reduces maintenance costs, ensures unrestricted airflow around panels.
Installation is quick and easy.
HOW TO INSTALL SOLAR SKIRT BIRD MESH KIT
- Fold one end of mesh roll to 45 degrees
- Start at one corner of the solar panel array. Hold wire mesh to corner of panel level with the top and insert fastener through mesh with hook facing up then gently pull back fastener to connect to panel frame.
- Hold end of fastener stationary (do not pull) with pliers or fingers while sliding fastener cap to the mesh and panel edge.
- Work around the panel array installing fasteners approximately every 30cm.
- Tuck tail of hook into slot on fastener cap to finish.
- For inside corners it is suggested to cut the mesh half way up from the bottom and fold the mesh to shape.
- For rails and switch gear, windows or flaps may need to be cut in the mesh.
- Tin snips / wire cutters
- Work gloves
- Height access (ladder, etc)
- It is recommended to use a safety harness when working at heights to avoid risk of injury.
SOLAR PANELS AND PIGEONS - WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Many Australian home and business owners have installed solar panels on their roofs in recent years to take advantage of government incentives in the form of subsidies and rebates. This has allowed many homeowners to utilise their roof as a power generating source in the form of solar energy.
However with any new development there comes unforseen challenges. Solar panel installations on house roofs create ideal nesting locations for urban pest birds, especially pigeons. Solar panels offer shade and protection for the birds. Unfortunately this can result in costly damage to the solar panels and reduced efficiency. Pigeons can damage exposed wiring under solar panels, deposit droppings that eat into the surface of the panels as well as blocking sunlight that can reduce overall efficiency. In addition, leaves, twigs and other nesting materials can accumulate under solar panels reducing airflow which again reduces efficiency and can lead to damage from overheating.
WHAT'S THE SOLUTION?
Fortunately we have a solution - Solar Skirt Bird Mesh Kits. These are DIY (Do it yourself) kits that can easily be installed by any home or business owner. The Solar Skirt Bird Mesh Kits consist of a 30 metre roll of galvanised UV PVC coated mesh that attaches to the outer edge of the solar panels using specially designed fasteners. These fasteners clip onto the underside of the panel framework meaning there is no need for drilling into the panels as this may void your warranty.
Once the mesh has been installed to the entire perimeter of the solar panels, pigeons, rodents, leaves and other debris will be blocked from gathering underneath. Thus reducing ongoing cleaning and maintenance costs. Yay!