The Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray is a long lasting plant based insect repellent which lasts as long as synthetic repellents like DEET, however it is in fact DEET free.
Our spray is kind to your skin. It is suitable for all the family including babies from 12 months of age.
The repellent spray has been scientifically tested and proven by a number of leading scientists to repel many disease carrying and nuisance insects
Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray is proudly manufactured in Australia.
Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray is scientifically proven to repel a large number of blood sucking, disease carrying insects such as mosquitoes, black flies, sand flies, midges and stable flies for up to 6 hours and ticks for up to 4 hours. It contains the only natural compound,”OLE” Oil of lemon Eucalyptus, known to be as effective as the commonly used neurotoxin DEET. OLE is scientifically proven and We call it “Mother Nature’s DEET”.
DEET Vs Citriodoil
What is DEET?
DEET is an old-fashioned insect repellent which was registered for public use in 1957. It is derived from coal tar and is the most well-known insect repellent. It is a synthetic chemical and powerful solvent.Mozzigear Natural Armour products are all entirely DEET free.
What is Citriodoil?
This active ingredient is sold under the brand name Citriodiol® and known generically as either Eucalyptus citriodora oil hydrated, cyclized EC Oil (H/C) or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus (OLE). Citriodiol® is made from the sustainably produced essential oil from the eucalyptus citriodora tree. It has passed the most rigorous safety and efficacy tests.
Citriodiol® is nature’s most effective insect repellent. It is a naturally sourced active ingredient that is effective against a range of biting insects, nuisance insects and ticks. It is derived from the oil of the Eucalyptus citriodora tree (also known as Corymbia citriodora), which is a natural and renewable resource grown in several parts of the world. Citriodoil is the plant based active in Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Spray.
DEET compared to Citriodiol
1. A powerful solvent - As a powerful solvent, DEET can damage plastics, paints and synthetic fabrics, causing permanent damage and it will make colours run. DEET should not be used when climbing ropes, wearing watches, using compasses, using cameras, fishing tackle, sports equipment etc for risk of having these items effected. Citriodiol will not effect
2. Skin absorbancy - DEET is rapidly absorbed through the skin which can lead to problems especially in young children. As a result there are restrictions on children under the age of 12 using DEET and guidelines suggest you should only use DEET 1-2 times a day. In contrast, very little Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Spray is absorbed through the skin so children as young as 6 months can use Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Spray and there are no restrictions on how often it can be used.
3. Mosquito Resistance to product - There are now reports of mosquito resistance to DEET. They have never been seen to show any tolerance of Citriodiol products.
4. Environmental impact - Whilst DEET is a synthetic chemical and powerful solvent that has been detected in relatively large quantities in major waterways, Citriodiol is deemed to be safe for plants and animals because it is readily biodegradable. Instead of building up to potentially harmful high levels in waterways or soil, it simply breaks down over a relatively short period of time. Citriodiol also known as Eucalyptus citriodora oil hydrated, cyclized EC Oil (H/C) is derived from the Eucalyptus Citriodora tree does not introduce any new substances to the ecosystem so is safer for the environment.
5. The consumer experience - Many people find the oily feel and smell of DEET unpleasant and skin reactions are common.
6. Effectiveness and studies - The active ingredient in Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Spray is Citriodiol®, nature’s most effective insect repellent. Efficacy data shows that Citriodiol works just as well as DEET, giving 6-8 hours Complete Protection Time compared to 6-10 hours Complete Protection Time from DEET based repellents.
More than 35 studies have been conducted on products like Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray that contain the active ingredient Citriodiol (also known as Eucalyptus citriodora oil hydrated, cyclized EC Oil (H/C). Each of these reflect a level of efficacy that far exceeds that of any other plant-based repellent and is in fact on par with synthetic repellents like DEET.
7. Allergens - The allergens, citronellol (ca. 7%), linalool (<0.5%) and limonene (<0.5%) are all present in Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil, an ingredient found in Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray. Consumers with heightened sensitivity to these allergens should avoid using Mozzigear Natural Armour Tropical Strength Insect Repellent Spray.