Recent new regulations have been introduced in the State of Victoria which affects the sale and purchase off certain styles of bird netting for fruit tree use in households only. The law states that fruit netting for Household use must have a mesh-size of 5 mm x 5 mm or less. Based on this criteria this particular netting is not available for sale into VIC for personal household use. The law does NOT apply to anyone growing for commercial use.
You can purchase our Wildlife Friendly Bird Netting by CLICKING HERE.
- 5 Metres x 100 Metres
- 10 Metres x 100 Metres
- 15 Metres x 100 Metres
- 20 Metres x 100 Metres
- Permanent structure netting
- Commercial Grade - What the professionals use
- Minimum requirement fir commercial fruit orchards
- UV Stabilised - Long life in harsh Australian conditions
- Mesh size - 15mm hexagonal hole
- Weight - 60gsm
- Warranty - Our Bird Netting comes with a 10 year pro rata warranty against UV degradation
WHAT IS BIRD NETTING?
Bird Netting or Anti Bird Netting is a form of bird pest control. It is a net used to prevent birds from reaching certain areas.
Bird Netting is used to prevent bird damage of vegetable and fruit crops as well as seedlings.
Bird Netting may be used to protect fisheries and fish wildlife reserves from predator birds.
Bird Netting is one of the most effective and long lasting ways of bird proofing buildings and other structures against all urban bird species. It provides a discreet and impenetrable barrier that protects premises without harming the birds. Bird Netting is particularly effective for large open areas such as roofs and loading bays.
Bird Netting is used as a physical barrier to prevent unwanted birds from accessing, landing, perching, nesting or roosting in particular areas. In urban situations Bird Netting is often used to prevent pest birds such as pigeons, indian mynas, sparrows and starlings from accessing areas such as car park buildings, roofs, entrance awnings, plant rooms, shopping centre walkways and atriums, warehouses and factories, loading docks, etc.
In agricultural and horticultural situations Bird Netting is used to protect trees, grapevines, orchards, gardens from birds and bats.
The are several benefits of using Bird Netting as a control method for pest birds. These inculde:
- Its humane - Bird Netting is not designed to harm the birds in any way. As opposed to alternative methods such as baiting or shooting.
- Effectiveness - When done properly Bird Netting is by far and away the best method of bird prevention. Bird Netting provides a physical barrier that birds cannot breach or penetrate meaning instant and long term results.
- Costs - Installing bird netting can be a much cheaper alternative than bird spiking all possible roosting areas or using deterrents that only provide short term results.
- Aesthetics - Bird Netting, especially black Bird Netting, is far less visible than bird spikes and other deterrents.
- Immediate results - Bird Netting provides an immediate solution for many bird and bat problems.
- Saves money - Designed to keep birds and bats out of valuable crops, preventing expensive losses that can occur.
- Versatility - Bird Netting can be used over a permanent structure or can be applied as a re-usable drape over net.