Stylish and contemporary, the Aura Decorative Fly Killer is an ultra discreet unit designed for front-of-house applications. Ideal for use within cafes, restaurants, bars and hotels, the Aura offers an elegant, modern aesthetic alongside innovative easy-to-service features and maximum efficacy.
The Aura utilise ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before trapping them on a sticky glueboard. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
The Aura is designed for use in front of house areas. The Aura discreetly protects areas which are highly visible to customers. Insects are attracted by UV light then caught with highly effective glueboards to ensure that flying insects are kept at bay.
The Aura is ideal for use in restaurants, cafes, hotel lobbies, reception areas food service and dining areas. The unique circular design of the unit allows light to attract flying insects from a full 360° around the unit, attracted by the patented Synergetic® green light, whilst the design of the discreetly positioned glueboard gives a 100% useful glue area which remains hidden from customer view.
The Aura is designed for use with genuine GLUPAC® pheromone impregnated glueboards, which incorporate UV stable dry glue for longer life and an increased catch.
Glueboard fly killers use UV light to attract flying insects to the unit, then use a glueboard to retain the flying insects. As the insect is caught and retained whole, glueboard flykillers are ideal for more sensitive environments. Glueboard fly killers are ideal for use in commercial front of house areas, commercial kitchens and industrial food preparation zones.
Contemporary detailing and elegant clean lines - Beautifully polished facade
Unique, stylish circular design - Slim design ensures that the unit is unobtrusive
Ultra Discreet - Fly catching glueboard hidden from view
Designed to maximise catch rate - 100% useful glueboard area ensures maximum efficacy
High efficacy shatterproof Synergetic® UV tube - Patented technology with dual wavelength output for an increased catch
Quick, tool free access and efficient servicing - Front of unit swings down to allow easy replacement of the glueboard, tube and starter
Can be hard wired or retro fitted - Quick and simple IEC mains socket, or discreen hard wiring option
Robust construction - Stainless steel
Complete peace of mind - Two year guarantee (excluding tube and starter)
Dimensions - 270mm (H) x 270mm (W) x 135mm (D)
Coverage - 40m2
Tubes - 1 x 22 watt circline
Weight - 2.0
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian power point.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
1 x Aura™ flykiller
1 x Glupac pheromone impregnated glueboard
1 x Mains cable (Type X)
1 x High powered UV tube (Fitted)
2 x screws and wall plugs
1 x hard wired blanking piece
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
- Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
- Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
- Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
- Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
- Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
- Consider access for installation and future servicing
- Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
- Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
- Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species