Pack Size: 5
Active Ingredients: 0.48g/kg Fipronil
APITHOR is the simple and successful way to save your hives from the damaging effects of the hive beetle. This single use, disposable device controls the beetles, without harming you, your bees or your honey.
- Rigid plastic design that fits on the hive bottom board to ensure beetles enter the harbourage.
- Tamper-resistant for added safety.
- Precise size opening that allows beetles to enter while excluding bees.
- Insecticide impregnated cardboard in harbourage is set back from the openings to ensure bees cannot make any contact.
- Compatible with silicone adhesives.
- Dispose of used Harbourages by wrapping in paper, placing in a plastic bag and place in a garbage bin.
- No user access to the insecticide treated insert for added safety.
- Can be used for three months in the hive.
- Highly effective in independent trials conducted by Industry & Investment NSW | Primary Industries
- No residues in honey as confirmed in trials performed in accord with the APVMA Guideline # 28 - Residues in honey.
HOW APITHOR WORKS
The APITHOR Hive Beetle Harbourage is a novel invention designed as a single use, disposable device that can be easily inserted and removed from standard hives without the need to open or dismantle hives. It is actively sought out by the target pest without the need to include attractants or baits. Some of the key attributes of the device are:
- Two-piece rigid plastic design
- Tamperproof after assembly (ultrasonic weld or glue)
- Precise size openings that allow beetles in but exclude bees
- Protective of C-flute cardboard insert
- Cardboard insert set back from openings to prevent contact by bees' mouthparts
- Compatible with silicone adhesives
- Disposable in household garbage
- No user access to the insecticide treated insert
- Long shelf-life and time in-service.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
ACT, NSW, QLD, WA & VIC Only
Do not use in hives with perforated bottom boards.
Do not use in hives subject to water inundation.
Do not open or remove the insert from the harbourage device.
Situation - Honey bee hives
Pest - Small Hive Beetle (Aethina tumida)
Rate - 1 device per hive
APVMA Permit No. PER12007