A fly zapper is a device that attracts and kills flying insects that are attracted by light. A light source attracts insects to an electrical grid, where they are electrocuted by touching two wires with a high voltage between them. The name stems from the characteristic zap sound produced when an insect is electrocuted.
Allure Fly Zapper utilises ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before zapping them dead on a high voltage killing grid. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
Once the flying insect has been killed, an Allure Fly Zapper will retain the dead insect in a catch tray to allow hygienic disposal.
Allure Fly Zappers are ideal for use in commercial backroom, commercial front of house and industrial backroom areas.
The Allure Fly Zapper is proven to have 60% greater UV light output than traditional electric fly zapper.
With an innovative open top design to maximise light output of the Synergetic UV tubes, the Allure Fly Zapper releases light from the back, sides and top of the unit, creating 67% more useful UV light output than traditional fly zapper units utilising the same power UV tubes.
The Allure Fly Zapper features a patented Z-shaped killing grid which provides a 20% larger fly killing area, ensuring that the unit easily copes with the increased number of flies attracted by the greater light output. Designed with servicability in mind, the killing grid, deep catch tray and UV tubes are easily cleaned and maintained whilst the tool free, drop down guard, also holds the catch tray during servicing making the unit quick and easy to service.
Independent tests show that the Allure Fly Zapper attracted 448% more flies than the leading traditional 30 watt unit.
Perfect for killing flies, fruit flies, drain flies, bar flies, moths and other flying insects in food production and processing situations.
Innovative Open Top dDesign - Maximum possible UV light output for increased efficacy
Unique 'Z-Shaped' Killing Grid - 20% larger useful killing area for increased efficacy
Deep Mains Interlocked Catch Tray with Anti Blowout Folds - Large capacity for caught insects
High Efficacy Synergetic UV Tubes - Patented technology with dual wavelength output for an increased catch
Tool Free, Swing Down Front Guard - For simple and quick servicing, with full access to consumable parts
Three Way Mounting for Flexible Installation - Simple wall, ceiling or desk mounting with no extra parts
Independent Certification - Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European Standards
Market Leading Design - Contemporary British design
Dimensions - 305mm x 590mm x 120mm
Coverage - 120m2
Tubes - 2 x 15 Watt
Weight - 5.2kg
Code - ZC010
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian power point.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
1 x Allure™ flykiller
1 x Mains cable (Type X)
2 x High powered UV tubes (Fitted)
1 x Removable catch tray (Fitted)
2 x Wall mounting screws and wall plugs
2 x Suspension keyrings
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
- Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
- Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
- Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
- Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
- Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
- Consider access for installation and future servicing
- Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
- Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
- Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species